Dinner and a movie may be a classic date idea, but some of the most memorable dates in Los Angeles happen in the great outdoors. Bring your date under the sun with one of these original outdoor date ideas, all under $20:
41. Take a picnic to Pan Pacific Park, located across the street from The Grove.
42. See the stars at the Griffith Observatory.
43. Stroll through the Venice canals.
44. No need to buy a dozen roses. Instead, spend an afternoon in the Rose Garden at Exposition Park.
45. Hike towards the Hollywood sign for an iconic photo opportunity.
46. Relax as you explore Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge.
47. Take an architectural walking tour of Bunker Hill with stops at the Walt Disney Concert Hall at the Music Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) and the Central Library.
48. Have an al fresco dinner by the fountain in Downtown's Grand Park.
49. Soak up the sun on Santa Monica Beach, then window shop at Santa Monica Place.
50. Visit the Huntington Botanical Gardens in San Marino.
51. Cruise Mulholland Drive, then pull over at a scenic lookout.
52. Enjoy the view at Runyon Canyon in Hollywood, where you never know who you'll bump into.
53. Watch the sunset at Barnsdall Art Park in Los Feliz.
54. Explore Malibu Creek State Park, where you can hike to the M*A*S*H filming site or the lake from Planet of the Apes.
55. Hike through Wilacre Park and Fryman Canyon. Don't worry -- it's an easy hike, so you won't be sweat-soaked.
56. Share s'mores over a bonfire at Dockweiler Beach.
57. Rent a pedal boat for a leisurely afternoon on Echo Park Lake.
58. During the winter, lace up your skates for Downtown on Ice at Pershing Square in front of the historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel or at LA Kings Ice at L.A. LIVE.
59. Reconnect with nature while birdwatching at the Audubon Center at Debs Park in Northeast L.A.
60. Hit the waves with a surfing date at Zuma, Malibu, Hermosa, Topanga, Venice or Manhattan Beach.