Los Angeles has a wealth of arts and culture, from historic architecture to cutting-edge galleries. Expand your mind -- not to mention, impress your date -- with these date ideas under $20:
1. Venture out to the Getty Center, where you'll enjoy art, architecture and free admission. Parking is $10.
2. Intelligence is sexy, so visit the California Science Center for a dose of knowledge with your romance. Admission is free, and you can see the space shuttle Endeavour for a nominal fee of $2.
3. Explore the art galleries and boutiques of Abbot Kinney.
4. Visit Griffith Park during the summer months to see a free Shakespeare in the Park performance.
5. Explore local galleries and grab a bite from some of L.A.'s best food trucks at the Downtown LA Art Walk.
6. See new works from edgy artists at an opening reception at La Luz De Jesus Gallery, then examine the pop culture oddities at Wacko/Soap Plant in Los Feliz.
7. Visit the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills for an insider's view into the world of television. Admission is free, although a $10 contribution is recommended.
8. Have a hearty debate over what is and isn't real at the Museum of Jurassic Technology. Admission is $8.
9. Listen to some of the city's best poets on Tuesday nights at Da Poetry Lounge at the Greenway Court Theatre for a $5 admission fee.
10. Visit the free Annenberg Space for Photography in Century City and discuss the exhibit over coffee or snacks at the Westfield Century City.
11. Visit the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) for free on the second Tuesday of each month or after 3 p.m. on weekdays for LA County residents.
12. Explore the Hammer Museum for free on Thursdays, then stop by Ammo at the Hammer for lunch.
13. Work up an appetite by exploring the hidden gems of Highland Park during NELAart's Second Saturday Gallery Night, then tackle the Oinkster's over-the-top burgers and pastrami.
14. Stroll down Olvera Street for a dose of Mexican and Latino culture. Don't leave without trying some taquitos from world-famous Cielito Lindo!
15. Dust off your cowboy boots and step into the history of the American West at the Autry National Center.
16. Visit the free Hollywood Bowl Museum to see the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame and discuss your favorite moments in the history of music.
17. View exhibitions from Africa, Asia, the Pacific and the Americas for free at the Fowler Museum at UCLA.
18. Browse the galleries at Bergamot Station and explore the Santa Monica Museum of Art's current exhibit.
19. See the latest exhibit of pop culture-themed art at Gallery1988 in Venice. Past exhibits have included an Arrested Development themed show and a collection of art based on old school video games.
20. Marvel at the La Brea Tar Pits, then grab a bite from one of the food trucks on Wilshire Blvd.