With a little creativity, an inexpensive date can be a memorable adventure. You'll have a blast for less than $20 with these date activities:
61. Ride the Ferris wheel at Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier.
62. Ride the Angel's Flight railway in Downtown for only 50 cents, then sample the ethnic cuisines at nearby Grand Central Market.
63. Search for vintage treasures at Melrose Trading Post on Sunday mornings.
64. Spend an evening in Franklin Village sipping coffee at the Bourgeois Pig, grabbing bar bites at Birds and perusing the local shops.
65. Channel your inner Tiger Woods with a round of mini golf at Sherman Oaks Castle Park.
66. Go bargain hunting at the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena.
67. Attend a taping of your favorite television show.
68. Search for your favorite celebrities on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and grab an organic, fair trade coffee at Groundwork Coffee Company at Sunset and Vine.
69. See who can take down more pins at Shatto 39 Lanes in Koreatown. Loser buys french fries!
70. Tackle a cheesy duet (think Paradise by the Dashboard Light) at a karaoke bar like Boardwalk 11 or Caffe Brass Monkey.
71. Take in a free lecture from the ALOUD series at the Los Angeles Central Public Library.
72. Watch the first showing of the day of a movie at the Landmark Theatre for only $10. Choose the Landmark Screening Lounge to kick back in their love seats, ottomans and sofas.
73. Visit a farmer's market, including the Hollywood Farmer's Market on Sunday mornings and the Yamashiro Farmer's Market on Thursday evenings.
74. People-watch at the Venice Beach Boardwalk.
75. Team up to compete in a local trivia night, including Tuesdays at the Cat & Fiddle Restaurant & Pub in Hollywood and Sundays at Barney's Beanery in Santa Monica.
76. Window shop in Downtown's Fashion District. And if the date goes well, pick up a bouquet from the nearby Flower District.
77. Take a scenic drive along the Pacific Coast Highway.
78. Take a walking tour of Downtown movie locations, including the Bradbury Building and Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites.
79. Search for street art at Melrose and Fairfax. You may find work by Banksy or Mr. Brainwash.
80. Attend a signing from a famed author at Book Soup in West Hollywood, then discuss the book over gelato at Caffe Primo.