Discover Los Angeles
United Airlines – Melbourne FAM
L.A. Tourism’s Australia office, in partnership with United Airlines, hosted an incentive familiarization trip for a group of 10 top-selling Australian travel agents last month in conjunction with United’s new nonstop service from Melbourne to LAX. The agents experienced LAX’s new electronic immigration kiosks at Tom Bradley International Terminal and stays at Loews Hollywood Hotel and Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel during the educational trip. Their diverse itinerary included Grand Central Market, Universal Studios HollywoodSM, Starline’s TMZ Hollywood Tour, Redline’s Hollywood behind-the-scenes tour, shopping at The Grove, a Hollywood bar crawl tour with Intrepid Urban Adventures and an L.A. Lakers game at Staples Center. During their visit, the agents promoted their experiences via social media using #LAStory.
Japan Airlines FAM
L.A. Tourism, in partnership with Japan Airlines, hosted a corporate and leisure agent familiarization tour to help celebrate the return and launch of Japan Airline’s daily nonstop service between LAX and Osaka’s Kansai International Airport (KIX). The group of travel professionals were among the first to experience the new service, which officially launched March 20. The educational trip included experiences at L.A.’s top destinations including Beverly Hills, LACMA, Universal Studios HollywoodSM and luxury shopping at Santa Monica Place Mall.
Air France Training Day
Representatives from L.A. Tourism attended the 4th edition of Air France’s Visit California Training Day last month. Air France held an exclusive sales training event at Air France’s headquarters in Paris for more than 100 of France’s top-selling travel agents and tour operators. LATCB showcased Los Angeles’ unique selling points, diversity of product and offered insight to agents about maximizing sales opportunities for the destination. Air France sponsored a package of flights to California as grand prizes for the agents, which included stays at Kimpton Hotels in L.A. and experiences at Universal Studio HollywoodSM.
Air China Luxury FAM
L.A. Tourism, in partnership with Air China, hosted a luxury familiarization tour March 28 – April 1. The FAM consisted of nine representatives from travel agencies throughout China’s major cities including Beijing, Guangzhou, Henan and Chengdu. The FAM educated the attendees on L.A.’s new products and ways to drive traffic during off-peak seasons while showcasing luxury experiences including accommodations at InterContinental Century City, visits to Westfield Century City, The Getty Center and Universal Studios HollywoodSM as well as dinner at The Bazaar at SLS Beverly Hills, among others.
Etihad Airlines, Abu Dhabi Trade FAM
L.A. Tourism, in partnership with Etihad Airlines, hosted a familiarization tour March 19-21 to promote Etihad Airlines’ recently launched direct flight from Abu Dhabi UAE to LAX. The attendees consisted of decision makers from some of Etihad Airlines’ top selling agencies. During their educational visit to Los Angeles, the group experienced stays at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles in Beverly Hills, The London West Hollywood; visits to Universal Studios HollywoodSM, Rodeo Dr., Montage Beverly Hills; and dinner at The Bazaar at SLS Beverly Hills, among others. Black and White Car was the exclusive transportation provider for the trip (pictured).
American Airlines - Brazil Flytour FAM
L.A. Tourism, in partnership with American Airlines, hosted a FAM tour March 6-10 for Flytour, one of the largest tour operators in Brazil. The educational trip showcased Los Angeles to help expand Flytour’s leisure product offerings. Attendees consisted of Flytour’s decision makers and their diverse itinerary included stays at Westin Bonaventure, Hilton Universal City and Hotel Angeleno; experiences at The Grammy Museum, Starline Tours, Universal Studios HollywoodSM, The Getty Museum and Madame Tussauds Hollywood; and dining at J.W. Marriott and The Original Farmer’s Market, among others. Flytour has plans to open 500 more outlets over the next two years.
NTA Travel Agency FAM
L.A. Tourism partnered with NTA Travel Agency, a local tour company with offices in Los Angeles and Japan, for an educational tour of the destination to promote the products of L.A. and the variety of event venues for MICE clients. The group’s itinerary included a walking tour of L.A. LIVE, lunch at Tom’s Urban, a VIP tour at Universal Studios HollywoodSM, a tour of Dolby Theater at Hollywood & Highland and an L.A. Dodgers exhibition game.
Ethiopia Airlines Launch Event
L.A. Tourism’s Europe office and Riva Public Relations attended the March 20 launch event for the new Ethiopian Airlines flight from Dublin to LAX to create awareness of the new service, which begins in June. Irish travel trade and media were invited to board the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and were updated on forthcoming events in Los Angeles to encourage advance bookings.
Discover Los Angeles
Are you taking advantage of all the benefits L.A. Tourism offers its members? From networking events to advertising opportunities, there are several ways to engage with L.A. Tourism and get full value from your membership. Take a look below to find out more ways to get involved- remember to be proactive!
- Get involved in mixers! From being a host venue and providing services to contributing to raffle prizes, L.A. Tourism can find ways for almost anyone to get out in front of your fellow members.
- Access to the Membership Directory: the business to business marketing resource is the best way to connect and find ways to partner with your fellow members.
- A comprehensive convention & event calendar of what’s coming to Los Angeles is regularly updated and available so you’re able to get in front of meeting planners ahead of time to market your product and services.
- Don’t forget to check out your listing on our award-winning website, discoverLosAngeles.com – which receives more than 10 million unique visitors monthly.
- You’ll be listed in the official Los Angeles Visitors Guide (circulation 500,000) and the Meeting + Travel Professionals Guide (circulation 25,000), where appropriate. The Visitors Guide gives our visitors the tools to experience the destination and is sent directly to domestic and international leisure visitors, business travelers and convention delegates preplanning their trip to Los Angeles and can be found at strategic locations in the City such as hotels, museums, attractions and visitor’s centers. The Meeting Professionals Guide reaches many key customers including association, corporate and independent meeting planners as well as travel agents, tour operators and traveler wholesalers – both domestically and internationally.
- Member presentations are a great way for you to showcase and inform the L.A. Tourism staff about your services and to collaborate on ways to work in tandem.
- Accessing your membership account through the Extranet Member Portal allows you to update contact information, services, amenities and contacts to make sure everything is up-to-date. If you need your login information, please send a request to Anna Moghaddam at [email protected], or for questions, call (213) 236-2350.
- Make sure to keep our Public Relations team up to date by sending any newsworthy events to [email protected].
- Get access to all teams at L.A. Tourism as we are happy to put you in touch with the appropriate teams vital to your business.
- Display collateral at L.A. Tourism’s Visitor Information Centers – we’ll be sure to display your brochures at the Hollywood & Highland and Convention Center locations.
- Make sure to utilize L.A. Tourism’s in-depth research materials, compiled by the in-house research department including domestic and international visitor profiles, market intelligence reports, travel statistics, trends in lodging, air traffic, consumer confidence and more.
- Advertising discounts for members on both print and digital opportunities are available to reach an engaged, target audience.
- This year, you’ll be able to attend L.A. Tourism’s Market Outlook Forum free of charge to get insight on the latest L.A. visitation forecasts and industry perspectives and take a first look at L.A. Tourism’s global sales and marketing plans for the year ahead.
- Participate in monthly FAM trips to showcase your product to top tour operators, travel agents, media and more for L.A.’s target domestic and international markets.
If you aren’t receiving any of this information or are having trouble accessing the extranet, please reach out to the Membership team.