Discover Los Angeles
Benjamin Franklin famously wrote, “...in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” April 15 has inevitably arrived once again, and to help you decompress, we've rounded up restaurants and bars across Los Angeles that are featuring Tax Day drink specials.
Los Angeles is now lined with oyster bars like they were palm trees, and restaurants are shipping in oysters from sea to shining sea. Angelenos have an oyster bar or restaurant serving oysters in nearly every neighborhood, with condiments, beverages, and menus catering to the local flavor. Aside from the sensation of privilege that an oyster happy hour bestows, it’s a titillating first taste - the ultimate culinary foreplay when getting to know a restaurant. Here are 10 of the best oyster happy hours in the greater Los Angeles area.
Los Angeles Magazine
Interviewed by Izumi Hasegawa
Japanese rock icon Yoshiki has lived in Los Angeles for about 20 years, after he purchased a famous music studio near Universal Studios Hollywood. I spoke to him while he was busy preparing for his first solo classical world tour, which starts April 25 at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts in Orange County. Even though he has spent almost half of his life in L.A., it seems he can’t live without Japanese food. His favorite restaurants are very Japanese, and very tasty. Read on for more about Yoshiki's Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Tourism
- Los Angeles ranked 7th place among the Top 25 Markets with an Occupancy rate of 77.5%, up +2.9% compared to the same period last year (75.3%).
- Los Angeles ADR was $139.24 and ranked 6th among the Top 25 Markets, up +2.3% compared to the same period last year ($136.15).
- Los Angeles RevPAR was $107.87 and ranked 7th among the Top 25 Markets, up +5.2% compared to the same period last year ($105.52).
- Rooms nights sold were 2.12 million countywide, reflecting a +3.9% increase over February 2013 (2.04 million room nights).
- The LAX area (86.3%) and Hollywood/West Hollywood (81.3%) both reported the highest Occupancy rate for the month.
- The LAX area (+12.4%) and Los Angeles East (+11.4%) reported the largest YOY RevPAR growth.