Discover Los Angeles
• Los Angeles ranked 7th place among the Top 25 Markets with an Occupancy rate of 67.5%, up +1.6% compared to the same period last year (66.4%).
• Los Angeles ADR was $138.46 and ranked 6th among the Top 25 Markets, up +6.7% compared to the same period last year ($129.71).
• Los Angeles RevPAR was $93.44 and ranked 6th among the Top 25 Markets, up +8.5% compared to the same period last year ($86.14).
• Rooms nights sold were 2.05 million countywide, reflecting a +2.5% increase over December 2013 (2.00 million room nights).
• The LAX area (75.2%) and South Bay (69.9%) both reported the highest Occupancy rate for the month.
• Long Beach (+19.1%) and L.A. Southeast (+12.1%) reported the largest YOY RevPAR growth.
Discover Los Angeles
The list of top destinations on social media for December 2014 was revealed last week by Skift.com, the largest industry intelligence and marketing platform in travel. Los Angeles Tourism climbed to the top 10 list for overall social media performance as calculated by the Skift team, which uses massive amounts of raw data collected from the four major social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Los Angeles Tourism joins an impressive list comprised of only one other U.S. city (Philadelphia), three U.S. states (Florida, Colorado and Georgia) as well as the countries of Australia and Argentina. Our fantastic Digital Marketing team continues to be at the forefront of these important mediums as Discover Los Angeles has the most Instagram followers among U.S. cities and was the first U.S. city tourism board to exceed 1 million Facebook likes in 2012. To read the entire list of top destinations on social media click here.
Los Angeles has been home to the Academy Awards ever since the very first ceremony was held on May 16, 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. Eight Oscar trophies were handed out that night, including one to “Wings” for Outstanding Picture. In the ensuing decades, numerous Best Picture winners have filmed in L.A. Read on for a list of ten memorable Oscar-winning movie locations that are found in the City of Angels.
Los Angeles Magazine
Interview by Izumi Hasegawa
Professional dancer turned actor Harry Shum Jr. has shown his ability on the hit TV series “Glee.” Now he has a new adventure: a dramatic role with his Chinese heritage on the new film “Revenge of the Green Dragons.” Born in Costa Rica with a father from mainland China and a mother from Hong Kong, Harry was raised in San Francisco and has been enjoying L.A. life very much.