Los Angeles Tourism
- Los Angeles ranked 7th place among the Top 25 Markets with an Occupancy rate of 76.8%, up +1.3% compared to the same period last year (75.9%).
- Los Angeles ADR was $133.21 and ranked 7th among the Top 25 Markets, up +4.4% compared to the same period last year ($127.62).
- Los Angeles RevPAR was $102.32 and ranked 7th among the Top 25 Markets, up +5.7% compared to the same period last year ($96.82).
- Rooms nights sold were 2.24 million countywide, reflecting a +1.7% increase over September 2012 (2.20 million room nights).
- The LAX area (85.4%) and Santa Monica/Marina del Rey (83.8%) both reported the highest Occupancy rate for the month.
- South Bay (+9.7%) and Los Angeles Southeast (+9.3%) reported the largest YOY RevPAR growth.
For years, Los Feliz and Atwater Village - which flank the Golden State Freeway near Griffith Park - remained in the shadow of the their hip neighbor, Silverlake. No longer. While retaining their small town charm, these historic, diverse neighborhoods have arrived, featuring good bakeries and bars, some of the city’s most beloved Mexican joints, a boutique butcher, and even the requisite juice spot. Here are 9 delicious spots to try in Los Feliz and Atwater Village.
Los Angeles has always loved Italian cooking! Blame the mild, Mediterranean climate, blessed with abundant fresh produce and a casual attitude much like Italian sensibilities. And what's more representative of Italy than pasta, which comes in a myriad of forms and can represent any number of regions and styles - from the richer, more elegant pastas of the North to the lusty, rustic flavors of the South. There's also been a renaissance of fresh pasta in recent years, with chefs making their own interpretations of traditional dishes that change the game in terms of the techniques used to prepare the pasta or the ingredients placed into the dishes themselves. So consider now the best time ever to enjoy these top Italian pasta dishes in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Tourism
A result of the collaboration between Master Chef Luis Carizo Salvat and renowned jazz concert promoter Derrick Pipkin, PIPS on LaBrea is recognized for its stylish yet casual ambiance with authentic Italian cuisine, and fine wine and beers. PIPS is located at 1356 S. La brea Ave. (at Pico Blvd.) in the Mid-City area. PIPS features live jazz Tuesday through Sunday, and has a Sunday Champagne Jazz Brunch, and is available for group events.