- Los Angeles ranked 7th place among the Top 25 Markets with an Occupancy rate of 66.5%, up +3.2% compared to the same period last year (64.4%).
- Los Angeles ADR was $128.81 and ranked 7th among the Top 25 Markets, up +5.8% compared to the same period last year ($121.75).
- Los Angeles RevPAR was $85.60 and ranked 5th among the Top 25 Markets, up +9.2% compared to the same period last year ($78.39).
- Rooms nights sold were 1.99 million countywide, reflecting a +3.7% increase over December 2012 (1.93 million room nights).
- The LAX area (73.9%) and Pasadena/Glendale/Burbank (69.3%) both reported the highest Occupancy rate for the month.
- South Bay (+13.9%) and Los Angeles Southeast (+11.9%) reported the largest YOY RevPAR growth both driven by sizeable ADR increases.
Discover Los Angeles
LATCB members have an exclusive opportunity to benefit from LATCB's new NiHao China training program designed to help hotels, attractions and other tourism industry businesses learn how to best attract and meet the cultural preferences of Chinese visitors. Part of LATCB's efforts to help our members and partners become “China ready,” the NiHao China program offers a series of seminars, with a certification and seal of approval by LATCB and the China National Tourism Office (CNTA) upon completion, assuring Chinese tour operators and travel planners that they are hotels and attractions that will be well suited for Chinese tourists coming to LA. Certified NiHao China businesses will be included in the marketing vehicles of LATCB and its partners in China, and will be pre-approved by the CNTA to do business with Chinese travel companies. The first NiHao China Seminar will be held on Feb. 26, 2014 at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel. For more information or to register, click here.
Discover Los Angeles
On March 21-23, 2014, 25 chefs from across the country and around the world are gathering for the All-Star Chef Classic, a three-day modern food event taking place at L.A. LIVE in Downtown Los Angeles. Celebrated chefs and the rising stars they have mentored will showcase their culinary mastery in two unique venues: Restaurant Stadium™ and The Chefs’ Tasting Arena™. The former welcomes over 250 guests “kitchen-side” in an intimate VIP setting, while the latter features a more expansive layout and a market-style experience with family-style seating.
Grill & Chill presented by dineLA is an international cookout taking place on Saturday, March 22 from 7:30-10 p.m. Grill & Chill celebrates the many ways that different cultures embrace the experience of cooking over an open flame, featuring chefs Roy Choi, Michael Cimarusti, Ludo Lefebvre, Jon Shook, Ricardo Zarate and more. Along with delicious tastings, admission includes alcoholic beverages, and recipe ideas. For those looking to beat the crowds, there is a VIP ‘Diamond’ ticket that gets guests in 60 minutes early with VIP access to the Chefs’ Tasting Arena™.
Following are Los Angeles restaurants where you can experience the acclaimed culinary creations of Grill & Chill participating chefs.