Los Angeles Tourism
Join us for the next LATCB monthly Member Mixer coming up on Thursday, May 29, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Rose Bowl Stadium located at 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA 91103. Enjoy a complimentary cocktail, hors d'oeuvres and networking with your industry peers. Our monthly Member Mixers are a great opportunity to meet many of your fellow LATCB members from a wide variety of L.A.-area tourism and hospitality businesses, while enjoying some of the L.A. area’s unique venues. Mark your calendar!
The L.A. sushi trend started in the San Fernando Valley during the ’80s and for the last 25 years, Los Angeles has continued to dominate this arena, attracting the best sushi talent in America. It also doesn’t hurt that we have access to some of the best fish markets in the country. Surprisingly, you don’t have to spend top dollar for the best sushi in L.A. - you just need to know where to go. Here are 12 of our top sushi picks for value.
- Los Angeles ranked 9th place among the Top 25 Markets with an Occupancy rate of 80.3%, up +5.3% compared to the same period last year (76.3%).
- Los Angeles ADR was $141.60 and ranked 8th among the Top 25 Markets, up +6.8% compared to the same period last year ($132.63).
- Los Angeles RevPAR was $113.76 and ranked 7th among the Top 25 Markets, up +12.5 compared to the same period last year ($101.15).
- Rooms nights sold were 2.42 million countywide, reflecting a +5.9% increase over March 2013 (2.28 million room nights).
- The LAX area (87.4%) and Hollywood/Beverly Hills (84.5%) both reported the highest Occupancy rate for the month.
- Pasadena/Glendale/Burbank (+17.4%) and Los Angeles East (+17.0%) reported the largest YOY RevPAR growth.