A few things to consider when biking some or all of the the Marvin Braude Bike Trail:
- Protect yourself. It’s likely going to be a beautiful day at the beaches you’re going to get a lot of direct sunlight. Apply sunscreen throughout the day and after going in the water. Wear a helmet.
- Bring water and snacks. Even biking at a slow pace requires more energy than you might think, so make sure you have plenty of water and snacks.
- Take your time. Unless your goal is to bike the entire bike path I would suggest you take your time and bike between a few beaches, spending time relaxing and exploring what each location has to offer.
- Bring a lock. You’re probably going to want to step into a restaurant, cafe or to walk down to the edge of the beach to dip your toes in the ocean. Make sure you have what you need to keep your bike secure so you can fully immerse yourself without the worry of wondering whether your bike is safe.
- Watch out. The bike path can be very crowded, especially on the weekends. You may find that you have to go very slowly at times and navigate through some crowded spots. It’s better to take it safe and walk your bike if pedestrian traffic gets too thick.
- Rent a bike. If you lack wheels you can always rent a bike at one of the many Perry’s Cafe locations or one of several bike & beach rental businesses that you can find along The Strand.